Monday, March 30, 2015

Ed Sheeran on Zayn Leaving One Direction: 'Whatever Makes Him Happy'


Ed Sheeran is a longtime friend to the guys of One Direction. In addition to their personal relationship, he penned a number tracks for the guys, including "18," featuring prominent vocals from Zayn Malik.
Sheeran spoke with Australian radio show Hughesy and Kate this week, and during the chat he shared his take on Malik's decision to leave the band.
"I think whatever makes him happy. The most important thing in life is to be happy, and if he was unhappy in that situation then, yeah, don't stay in it," he said. "You don't want to make yourself unhappy just to earn money, that's not what life's about. You're meant to enjoy life, and if he wasn't enjoying his life then fair play to him."
Sheeran further elaborated on the news. "I think the difference between me taking a break and him taking a break is he has four other people to worry about," he said. "I'll definitely take a break, but it won't be a noticeable break because no one will be like, 'He's left the band.'"
In the wake of Wednesday's confirmation he'd be stepping away from 1D, Malik spoke out for the first time in an interview with The Sun where he opened up about the split.
"I did try to do something that I wasn't happy doing for a while, for the sake of maybe other's people's happiness. And that was mainly the fans. I only ever tried to do it for the fans. I'm only upset [because] I feel like I may have let them down in some sort of way," he told the publication. "That's the main thing that I don't want to happen. It's not that I've turned my back on them or anything. It's just that I can't do that anymore because it's not real to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment