Monday, March 16, 2015

Kelly Clarkson's Response After Online Bullying?


Kelly Clarkson's new album Piece by Piece is set to debut in the top 10 on the Billboard 200, so she certainly has no time for haters of any kind.
Yet here one comes: Katie Hopkins -- who has been dubbed the "most hated woman in Britain," per E! Online -- began fat-shaming Clarkson after seeing her on The Graham Norton Show earlier this year. "Jesus, what happened to Kelly Clarkson? Did she eat all of her backing singers? Happily I have wide-screen. #grahamnorton."

It's continued since then (sample tweet: "Look chubsters, Kelly Clarkson had a baby a year ago. That is no longer baby weight. That is carrot cake weight. Get over yourselves"), so this week Heat magazine asked Clarkson to respond. 
"She's tweeted something nasty about me? That's because she doesn't know me. I'm awesome!" Clarkson responded. "It doesn't bother me. It's a free world. Say what you will. I've just never cared what people think. It's more if I'm happy and I'm confident and feeling good, that's always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family -- I don't seek out any other acceptance."

No comments:

Post a Comment